So how exactly does a Banker go rogue and develop a love and passion for events?
In 2005, one of my closest friends asked me to be her 'plus one' at her brother's wedding in Minnesota. Being intimately connected with the family for several years, I accepted and before long embarked on a life changing vacation. On the way to the rehearsal, the bride and groom turned to me and asked if I could help coordinate the ceremony. I agreed and jumped into full planner mode with just 24 hours to 'I Do'. I loved every minute and knew in that moment that this was the path for me.
In the six years that followed, I held multiple positions in hospitality and worked with close friends and family on planning some of their most memorable occasions. When I completed my M.B.A in 2011, I knew some big life changes needed to happen. The idea of spending the next 30 – 40 years in an office crunching numbers was simply terrifying to me. So, after some soul searching and serious ‘me’ time, the idea of following my passion and starting an event planning company began to blossom. Through the support of my friends and family, William Parkinson Events was launched in December 2011 and continues to evolve and grow every day.
At William Parkinson Events, high standards and our core values are at the heart of everything we do. We believe they help distinguish us as the premier event planning solution that our clients continually turn to and trust for all their event planning needs.
Our values are to:
- Embrace Innovation – We continuously learn and improve upon our performance, embrace new ideas and industry trends, find effective solutions to complex situations, and remain flexible in this ever evolving industry.
- Work With Integrity – We take pride in our work, hold true to our word, honor our commitments, remain honest with ourselves and our clients, and always adhere to high ethical and moral standards.
- Remain Professional - We adopt a high level of working standards, communicate openly and honestly, remain transparent, and support cooperation.
- Work With Respect - We honor the rights and beliefs of our employees, partners, vendors, community, and customers with the highest degree of dignity and equality.
These values drive our decisions, our interactions, and the work we do everyday. Living these principles allows us to forge relationships with some of the best vendors in the area, resulting in an unparalleled event experience for you and your guests to enjoy.
THE WPE EXPERIENCE
At William Parkinson Events, we remain committed and focused on your total event experience. This includes management of:
- The Client Experience - Ensuring your needs are met and that your event is executed flawlessly
- The Guest Experience – Managing your guests comfort, interactions, and participation during the event
- The Planning Experience – Creating an efficient and highly effective planning package tailored specifically to you and your event
Photography Credit: Athena Blude Photography